FULL-TIME JOB JOB
Technology and Person Rights Division
Multiple Areas Considered
Application Deadline: 11 December 2022
The freshly created Innovation and Human Rights Division is seeking a Partner to offer administrative assistance to an 11-person team.
The division concentrates on 2 areas of work: a) investigating and promoting against the function of technology in human rights abuses globally and b) utilizing technology to research study and expose human rights abuses.
The Associate will supply a range of administrative and job management support to the department’s personnel who are based in multiple locations and facilitate the production of research study and advocacy items. Knowledge of the main human rights problems related to innovation is helpful however not required. We are looking for someone with strong organizational and communication abilities, a capability to focus on, and convenience to work in a dynamic and worldwide dispersed group.
This full-time position will preferably be based in among our European offices (Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, London), and reports to the director of the division.
Due to COVID-19, many of our worldwide offices are running in minimized capacities. The effective candidate might be required to work remotely if regional requireds demand. We recognize that this moment, throughout the pandemic, is an uniquely hard time for many people, especially those with caregiving obligations, and we aim to be as versatile and encouraging as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position.
1. Provide daily administrative assistance to Innovation and Human Rights Division personnel, such as scheduling, making travel plans, getting ready for and taking minutes at meetings, submitting expenses and invoices, and reacting to requests for info;
2. Track, structure and keep the division’s files and documentation relating to spending plans, costs, research study, published work, trainings, and donor reports;
3. Preserve communication in between Human Rights Watch offices, international staff, and external partners;
4. Proofread, format, and/or disperse materials such as reports, press release, rundown papers, letters, op-eds, web material, and coordinating the publication process and translations of the different products;
5. Record, track, and process divisional financial resources and divisional donations;
6. Help with standard desk research study;
7. Help with occasions such as advocacy conferences, staff meetings, and fundraising functions;
8. Assist with recruitment processes, consisting of the coordination of interns; and
9. Carryout other responsibilities as needed.
We are eager to hear from candidates who can perform the important functions of this function even if they do not satisfy all of our wanted credentials– especially if they are from backgrounds underrepresented in the NGO or tech sectors.
Education: A bachelor’s degree, equivalent training, or equivalent pertinent administrative experience is required. Those with a passion for human rights work are motivated to apply.
Experience: A minimum of one year of full-time pertinent work experience is needed. Previous work, internship, or volunteer experience in administrative functions is helpful.
Associated Skills and Knowledge:
1. Prior office/administration experience, attention to detail, flexibility and strong organizational skills are needed.
2. Exceptional oral and written interaction abilities in English is required; proficiency in other languages is preferable.
3. Capability to prioritize with very little supervision and work separately, in addition to function as a member of a group with personnel in multiple locations is needed.
4. Strong interpersonal abilities and capability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple jobs are required.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Workplace applications is Experience in or a determination to find out image/video modifying and graphics design software application is desirable.
6. Dedication to human rights is needed.
7. Experience using a Drupal content management system is desirable.
8. Understanding of the major international human rights concerns related to technology is preferable.
*** Other: *** Candidates should have valid work permission for the workplace location in which they would be based; HRW is unable to sponsor work licenses for this role.
*** Income and Advantages: *** Person Rights Watch provides competitive salary and extensive employer-paid benefits.
*** How to Use: *** Please apply by 11 December 2022 by visiting our online task portal at careers.hrw.org and connecting a cover letter and CV/resume preferably as PDF files. No calls or email inquiries, please. Just complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be gotten in touch with.
If you are experiencing technical problems with your application submission, or if you require a disability-related accommodation to send your application, please email [email protected]. Due to the big action, application submissions by means of e-mail will not be accepted and queries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.
Human Being Rights Watch is strong due to the fact that it varies. We actively seek a varied applicant pool and encourage prospects of all backgrounds based anywhere to use. Person Rights Watch does not discriminate on the basis of special needs, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnic background, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or rap sheet. We invite all type of variety. Our workers consist of individuals who are moms and dads and nonparents, the self-taught and university informed, and from a large span of socio-economic backgrounds and point of views on the world. Human Being Rights Watch is a level playing field company.
Human Rights View is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy company understood for its extensive investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in altering the human rights-related policies and practices of influential federal governments and worldwide organizations.
How to use
*** How to Use: *** Please apply by 11 December 2022 by visiting our online job portal at careers.hrw.org and attaching a cover letter and CV/resume ideally as PDF files. No calls or e-mail inquiries, please. Just complete applications will be examined and just shortlisted prospects will be gotten in touch with.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, or if you need a disability-related accommodation to submit your application, please e-mail [email protected]. Due to the large action, application submissions via email will not be accepted and questions regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.